Wrotham Park Station in Northern Queensland has a long history since first being developed in the late 1800’s during the Palmer River gold rush era in order to supply beef to the resulting influx of miners to the area. Australian Agricultural Company held the property from 1943 through to 2006 when it was sold to Great Southern. The property was purchased by CPC in October 2009 and included 39,000 branded cattle with associated plant and equipment.
Wrotham Park will run approximately 25,000 breeders or around 38,500 head on its rich riverine flats that are the pick of the Peninsula. Located 350km west of Cairns (or 80km west of its local town of Chillagoe), the station has two major river systems, the Mitchell and the Walsh, that make up integral parts of its carrying capacity ensuring a consistent water supply. The remainder is a wide selection of tributary creeks, black soil flats, tea tree sand ridges and timbered country.
The 44 inches of consistent tropical rainfall per annum helps to turnoff approx 10,000 weaners for backgrounding by other CPC properties, making Wrotham Park a significant addition to the company property portfolio.