The original Ucharonidge lease was taken up in 1948 when the Beebe Family travelled from the Dawson Valley QLD to take on this totally undeveloped piece of country. The Beebes were one of the first to bring Brahmans to the Barkly in the late 1960's.
Ucharonidge Station was owned by the Beebes for 60 years until it was sold to CPC in August 2008.
Bought for its similarity to Newcastle Waters and it’s location, this 2,455 sq km property adjoins Newcastle Waters station to the South and is used as a breeder block with seasonal opportunistic fattening. Predominantly open down country, Ucharonidge also has a mix of bluebush swamps in the south and scattered areas of spinifex and lancewood.
It will run approximately 15,500 head and is operated in conjunction with Newcastle Waters and Dungowan stations.