Formed in 1983
Newcastle Waters Homestead 100 years ago
The wineglass brand was first registered in 1922 and first used at Newcastle Waters Station by the owners at the time, John Lewis & Co.
CPC was formed in 1983 with the purchase of Newcastle Waters Station and some smaller Northern Territory holdings, from Ashburton Pastoral Company.
Since that time, strategically located properties have been purchased in Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Queensland.
Concentration on the vast grazing areas across northern Australia has enabled successful drought management, market flexibility, easy access to export markets and low cost production of high quality grass fed, lot fed and export cattle and beef.
In April 2009, UK private equity firm Terra Firma acquired a majority share in CPC.