Split by a 35 km stretch of the Ord River as it winds its way from Lake Argyle to the Cambridge Gulf are 3,420sq km Carlton Hill and 1337 sq km Ivanhoe.
The properties play an integral part in CPCs significant live export market, growing 15,000 - 20,000 steers and heifers a year in readiness for shipping, ex-Wyndham, to Asia and the Middle East.
With a 900 mm annual rainfall, Carlton Hill and Ivanhoe can comfortably support 50,000 head including 20,000 Brahman breeders. Couch and buffel grasses on the aggregation's alluvial flats and black soil plains also provide an excellent plane of nutrition for growing steers.
Although the leases for both properties were taken up by the Duracks in 1893, the family sold their Carlton Hill lease a year later to concentrate on developing Ivanhoe. In the 1950s large areas of the properties were requisitioned by the West Australian Government for development of the Ord River Irrigation Scheme.
One spin off for the holdings has been the maintenance of a permanent water supply following the construction of the Ord River Dam forming Lake Argyle. Carlton Hill and Ivanhoe joined the Consolidated Pastoral Co stable in 1992.
Spirit Hill is a property owned by the NT Government adjoining Ivanhoe. It was also formerly owned by the Durack family. This property is leased by CPC and run in conjunction with Carlton Hill and Ivanhoe.